Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Twlight's not just for the young

I recently made a new Friend who said she loved the fact that I was a grandmother and I didn't seem to care or think that the Twilight Saga was just for the young! Hell no! Let's face it. Carlise is 300 something. Edward is 100+, so, need I say more? Twilight seems to have the ability to speak to the Romance of the Soul. I honestly didn't think I had any romance in my soul. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that I did. My daughter keeps asking me "who are you and what have you done with my mother". I must have short changed her growing up. Sigh. Sorry Darl'n. I didn't mean to. With the Life Experiences I'd had to work with, what can I tell you, romance wasn't much a part of it. I was too busy trying to keep food on the table and a roof over our heads. So the result is at this mature age I've discovered I have some romance in my soul due to a series of books called The Twilight Saga. You'd think my daughter would be happy for me wouldn't you. Do I get greeted with that's wonderful Mom?? No, I get, OMFG! My mother is a TwiMom! You're too old for this Mom. So, I smiled at her, and went right out and bought all the books for my eldest grand daughter to read. She's only 10 right now, but we talk about Twilight and all the rest of them. She's got quite a head on her shoulders and she seems to understand what they are saying, even though she's not have any experience to go along with it, yet. I like the message that this series of books give and if she takes them to heart, more's the better Ahh, revenge is sweet! Any way ... it's never too late to develop some romance in your soul and I have the Twilight Saga to thank for that. Edward is such a romantic character and he's soooooooooooo, well, you ladies know what I mean. Ooo, I can just feel my blood pressure starting to rise now. ( Fanning myself ) So, all you young nubile youngsters can just go fish. I shall continue to enjoy the books and the movies and all that goes along with them. I have never been so obsessed with anything like this in my entire life! And it is marvelous. I love it and am loving it. I hope you "youngsters" get as much from this series as we "old farts" seem to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment