Friday, April 8, 2011

What was the draw that got you going with the Twilight Saga?? Let's take them book by book... New Moon: Honestly, it was my God Son who got me to read my first book, New Moon, and I really didn't like it. Too much whining for my tastes. You have a problem, you deal and move on. A man doesn't want me, his problem, not mine, seriously. The door works both ways. Of course I'd never believed in “true love, undying” - too practical for that belief. Then, my Godson nagged me into reading Twilight. Twilight: I was hooked. I understood more where it all came from. I discovered Midnight Sun, and it all made total sense of where Edward was coming from. I fell totally and head over heels with the Edward character. I understood him, at least. Edward's character seemed to be an arrogant jerk in Twilight and in New Moon, just dumb and arrogant. I still had problems with Bella, however. How could a 17 year old be so certain about what she wanted. She seemed so needy to me. I would have shook her and told her to move on and get over it if she were a real person and I knew her. ( I feel Twilight and Midnight Sun should have been done in the same manner as Breaking Dawn with the Book 1,2,3... concept ) Eclipse then focused on Edwards fear of the influence Jacob was having on Bella, and jealousy growing within Edward making him more human. (Have you ever noticed that the non human characters we are all most attracted to, are those who show human traits?) Also, there were certain very romantic scenes that got my long dead libido working again! Jacob is now the one I wanted to shake because he wouldn't believe Bella and kept trying to sell himself to her more. Get over it Dude! She doesn't want you for anything more than a friend. It's possible. Can't deal, go away. Then, Breaking Dawn and at last Bella and Edward are going to marry and live happily ever after – “yeah right” I thought. Some very happy moments then the problems begin. Bella finds she is pregnant with a vampire's baby. OMG. The awful pregnancy and the brutal delivery, and then the happily ever after? NOT. Impending, death and destruction...and all that fun stuff. Finally Bella comes into her own and I like it! Now that's my kind of woman. You want to hurt my family, NO WAY – PREPARE TO DIE. All she needed to be Wonder Woman was the golden bracelets! You go Girlfriend!! I had discovered a rich new addition to the Vampire world. Prior to this series we have only the brutal blood thirsty world of Dracula and Interview with a Vampire series. Vampires sparkle in the Sun instead of bursting into flames. Their bodies are very hard and stone like. No staking this vampire world. Rip'em apart and burn the pieces. Yes, very different. Ms. Meyer is to congratulated for her imagination usage. The movie version of Bella is one that I like much better because of the stronger character – not so needy. So, tell me. What your thoughts are.

No comments:

Post a Comment